With the rise of social media networking as the most effective way to reach out to consumers real time, companies both small and large are now scrambling to hire social media teams to create an effective social media brand and campaign.
This is definitely good news for those individuals who are very adept at using social media sites, and those who have been actively participating in social media networking. Since there is no college course for a job description such as this, expertise and experience in the field would be your greatest assets. As well, there are also a lot of online courses and how-to guides on how to be an expert social media manager/consultant.
Social media jobs have various titles and these include:
- Social Media Analyst
- Social Media Community Manager
- Social Media Consultant
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media Expert
- Social Media Guru
- Social Media Marketer
- Social Media Specialist
- Social Media Strategist
There are more than 50 job titles relating to social media; however, it only means one thing: you have to have proficient social media skills.
Aside from these skills, an individual looking for a lucrative career in social media should display the following:
– The ability to work well with a social media team to create an online brand and comprehensive social media campaign for the company.
– The ability to implement the said social media campaign and to generate reports and diagnostics to check how the company is fairing with the competition.
– The ability to multitask as the different facets of the social media campaign are implemented.
– The ability to easily communicate with consumers to ensure that the company establishes an excellent customer service in social media.
To become a social media manager, you must also have the passion and the personality to match your skills. These are very important since you will be representing the company’s brand in social media sites.